Everything on our menu is great, but we always like to feature a couple of items that we are particularly excited about.
- Summertime is tomato time! This open faced delight features a thick slice of our potato bread, olive tapenade, fresh tomato slices, feta cheese, and olive oil.
- With the appearance of VT Salumi's "smoky, succulent, herbaceous ham" we wanted to so something to highlight this sublime new local product. What could be better than the traditional French sandwich? Paired with our baguette, VT Creamery butter, and Butterfly Bakery mustard, we think it is sublime!
Top of the Mornin' to Ya!
Our Breakfast Sandwich
- Featuring farm fresh eggs, Cabot Cheddar, and lemon chive butter on Mad River Grain Bread. A great start to the day. Augment it with spinach, sausage, bacon, or ham if you wish!
- Two slices, butter, your choice of our bread
- Add Peanut Butter $1.00
- Add Jam $0.65
Our coffees and espresso drinks start with the carefully selected and roasted beans from the team at Vermont Artisan Coffee & Tea in Waterbury. We take pride in honoring their work by handling our coffee carefully. We source teas from both Vermont Artisan and Stoneleaf Tea in Middlebury.
Other Hot Drinks
House-made Soups of the Day
Erin Ruddell is our soup master. She keeps the cafe supplied with a variety of soups featuring lots of local ingredients. Each day, we offer a vegetarian and a meat option.
Some of our "Greatest Hits"
- Beef goulash
- Chicken tagine
- Potato kale
- Hungarian cream of mushroom
- Tomato bisque
Panini-pressed sandwiches served with a pickle during all hours the cafe is open.
- Nothing says summer like a BLT, and it doesn't get much better than our's with local tomatoes and bacon on toasted Waitsfield Common (or your choice of bread).
- Cabot Cheddar on Cyrus Pringle Bread.
- Cabot Cheddar, North Country Smokehouse Ham, pickled red onions and sriracha mustard on Waitsfield Common.
- Our take on the Turkey Reubin with North Country Turkey, kraut, swiss cheese, and TI Dressing on Alice’s Rye, grilled.
- Our own tuna salad (made with pole caught tuna), Cabot cheddar. Served open-faced on your choice of bread.
- North Country Smokehouse smoked chicken, roasted zucchini, Vt cheddar, and garlic mayo.
- When fresh spinach comes back in season at our local farms, we bring back The Kermit. Packed with spinach and featuring basil pesto and Cabot cheddar on Cyrus Pringle bread
- It's apple time in VT, so it's time to feature Champlain Orchards' apples! They're paired here with smoked turkey from North Country, local apple butter and served on our Cyrus Pringle.
Made to Order Lunch Sandwiches
Delicious cold sandwiches served with a pickle. Choose from one of our signature creations or create your own custom sandwich from our build-your-own menu. Sandwich bar closes at 5:00.
- Smoked VT beef, peanut sate sauce, ginger carrots and lettuce on your choice of bread.
Ham on Croissant
- North Country Smokehouse ham, swiss cheese, mayo, Dijon mustard, and lettuce on our croissant.
- Our own egg salad made with local eggs on the bread of your choice.
- House-made hummus, VT feta, pickled red onions, Kalamata onions, organic spinach, on your choice of bread
- North Country Smokehouse Turkey, North Country Smokehouse turkey, pesto, mayo, and lettuce on your choice of bread.
Choose from spinach salad (which you can augment with tuna and/or egg salad) or one of our specials that we change with seasons. Favorite creations include our kale salad and our butternut squash salad, but we make several others when inspiration hits us!
Asian Smashed Cucumber
- This salad will have you wondering why anyone would ever think of taking a knife to a cucumber! It features Pete's Greens cukes and it's our newest favorite.
- A perennial favorite featuring local, organic kale and local hard boiled eggs.
- Organic spinach, Kalamata olives, VT feta, house-made croutons, vinaigrette.