Everything on our menu is great, but we always like to feature a couple of items that we are particularly excited about.
A Tale of Two Salads
- Spinach salad plus your choice of a second house made salad:
- Butternut squash
- egg salad
- tuna salad
- brussels sprout
The Fun Guy
- Featuring crimini mushrooms, Vt cheddar and chevre and grainy mustard. Grilled on potato bread.
Top of the Mornin' to Ya!
Our Breakfast Sandwich
- Featuring farm fresh eggs, Cabot Cheddar, and lemon chive butter on Mad River Grain Bread. A great start to the day. Augment it with spinach, sausage, bacon, or ham if you wish!
- Two slices, butter, your choice of our bread
- Add Peanut Butter $1.00
- Add Jam $0.65
Our coffees and espresso drinks start with the carefully selected and roasted beans from the team at Vermont Artisan Coffee & Tea in Waterbury. We take pride in honoring their work by handling our coffee carefully. We source teas from both Vermont Artisan and Stoneleaf Tea in Middlebury.
Other Hot Drinks
House-made Soups of the Day
Erin Ruddell is our soup master. She keeps the cafe supplied with a variety of soups featuring lots of local ingredients. Each day, we offer a vegetarian and a meat option.
Some of our "Greatest Hits"
- Beef goulash
- Chicken tagine
- Potato kale
- Hungarian cream of mushroom
- Tomato bisque
Panini-pressed sandwiches served with a pickle during all hours the cafe is open.
- Fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, basil pesto, and sun-dried tomato mayo. Broiled and served on a baguette.
- Cabot cheddar, red onions, and grainy mustard on Cyrus Pringle, grilled
- Cabot Cheddar on Cyrus Pringle Bread.
- Cabot Cheddar, North Country Smokehouse Ham, pickled red onions and sriracha mustard on Waitsfield Common.
- Our take on the Turkey Reubin with North Country Turkey, kraut, swiss cheese, and TI Dressing on Alice’s Rye, grilled.
- Our own tuna salad (made with pole caught tuna), Cabot cheddar. Served open-faced on your choice of bread.
Sweet Hot Turkey
- NC Smokehouse turkey, sweet hot peppers, organic spinach, parmesan, and garlic mayo on Cyrus Pringle bread, grilled.
- North Country Smokehouse smoked chicken, roasted zucchini, Vt cheddar, and garlic mayo.
Made to Order Lunch Sandwiches
Delicious cold sandwiches served with a pickle. Choose from one of our signature creations or create your own custom sandwich from our build-your-own menu. Sandwich bar closes at 5:00.
- Smoked VT beef, peanut sate sauce, ginger carrots and lettuce on your choice of bread.
Ham on Croissant
- North Country Smokehouse ham, swiss cheese, mayo, Dijon mustard, and lettuce on our croissant.
- Our own egg salad made with local eggs on the bread of your choice.
- House-made hummus, VT feta, pickled red onions, Kalamata onions, organic spinach, on your choice of bread
- North Country Smokehouse Turkey, North Country Smokehouse turkey, pesto, mayo, and lettuce on your choice of bread.
Choose from spinach salad (which you can augment with tuna and/or egg salad) or one of our specials that we change with seasons. Favorite creations include our kale salad and our butternut squash salad, but we make several others when inspiration hits us!
- Our newest creation, featuring organic Butternut squash, caramelized onions, and toasted almonds. One bite will have you hooked!
- Brussels sprouts, walnuts, dried cranberries, vinaigrette.
- Organic spinach, Kalamata olives, VT feta, house-made croutons, vinaigrette.